Bourbon Chicken is a delicious dish that originated in the United States, and is made with chicken, bourbon whiskey, and a variety of spices. The origin of this dish is unknown, but it is thought to have been created in the late 1980s in the United States. It is popular in restaurants across the United States and can be found in many Chinese-American restaurants.
Bourbon Chicken is usually made with chicken thighs or breasts that are cut into cubes and then marinated in a mixture of bourbon, soy sauce, and spices. After marinating, the chicken is then cooked in a wok with oil, butter, and garlic. The cooked chicken is then simmered in a sauce made with the marinade, sugar, and sometimes other ingredients.
Bourbon Chicken can be served alone or with a variety of side dishes such as rice, vegetables, or noodles. It is often served with a side of steamed vegetables and a light sauce. The dish is popular for its sweet-spicy flavor and its tender texture.
Bourbon Chicken is a great dish to serve at parties or for a special occasion. It is easy to make and can be prepared in advance. Making Bourbon Chicken at home can be a fun and creative endeavor, and it is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
When making Bourbon Chicken at home, it is important to use quality ingredients. The chicken should be fresh and the bourbon should be of good quality. It is also important to use the proper amount of spices to ensure that the flavors of the dish are balanced.
Bourbon Chicken is a tasty and easy dish to prepare. It is a great way to get creative in the kitchen and can be served as a main course or as an appetizer. Whether it is served at a party or a special occasion, Bourbon Chicken is sure to please everyone.
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the bourbon, soy sauce, apple juice, brown sugar, honey, garlic powder and ground ginger.
2. Place the chicken cubes in a large resealable plastic bag, pour in the marinade mixture and seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken cubes and marinade and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
4. Serve the chicken with the sauce over cooked rice. Enjoy!