When it comes to tacos, nothing beats fresh, homemade chicken tacos. Not only are they delicious and full of flavor, but they are also incredibly easy to make. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy meal for a weeknight dinner or a fun and tasty dish to serve to your family and friends, these homemade chicken tacos will hit the spot.
To get started, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. You’ll need some chicken, taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and your favorite taco shells. If you’d like to add some extra flavor and texture, consider adding some onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, or black beans.
Once you have all of your ingredients, it’s time to start cooking. Begin by cooking the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat. As the chicken cooks, sprinkle the taco seasoning over it and stir to combine. Once the chicken is cooked through, set it aside and let it cool.
Next, it’s time to assemble the tacos. Begin by adding some lettuce to the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the cooked chicken and then add some diced tomatoes, cheese, and any other toppings you’d like. Finally, fold the taco shells closed and serve.
These homemade chicken tacos are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Not only are they delicious, but they are also a breeze to make. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you’ll have a delicious and healthy meal that everyone will love.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8-10 soft flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the onion, bell pepper, tomato, and cilantro to the skillet and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
4. To assemble the tacos, place a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Top with desired toppings.
5. Serve the tacos warm. Enjoy!