If you’re looking for a hearty and comforting meal to warm you up on a cold winter’s night, then look no further than this delicious Hearty Pumpkin Soup recipe. This creamy soup is full of healthy ingredients, including pumpkin, carrots, onion, garlic, and spices. It’s super easy to make and comes together in just 30 minutes. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free, making it a great choice for those with dietary restrictions.
This Hearty Pumpkin Soup is full of flavor, thanks to the combination of spices and roasted pumpkin. The sweetness of the pumpkin is balanced out by the savory garlic and onion, while the addition of spices like paprika and rosemary adds complexity and depth to the dish. The soup is further enhanced by the addition of carrots, which add a subtle sweetness and a bit of crunch.
The best part about this soup is that it’s incredibly easy to make. All you need to do is sauté the garlic, onion, and carrots in a large pot, then add the pumpkin, spices, and a bit of vegetable broth. Simmer everything together until the pumpkin is tender, then puree the soup with an immersion blender or regular blender until it’s smooth and creamy.
This Hearty Pumpkin Soup makes a great meal on its own, or serve it as a starter or side dish. It also goes great with crusty bread or a simple salad. It’s a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall and winter in a healthy and delicious way. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable stock, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, cinnamon, smoked paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper (if using). Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the coconut milk and parsley and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
5. Serve warm with crusty bread. Enjoy!