For a delicious, hearty meal, pesto pasta with mushrooms is an excellent choice. This classic Italian dish is quick and easy to make, yet packed with flavor. The bright green pesto is a delicious blend of fresh basil, olive oil, garlic, and pine nuts. The mushrooms are sautéed in butter until golden brown, and help to add a meaty texture to the dish. The combination of the earthy mushrooms and the tangy pesto creates a unique flavor that is sure to satisfy.
To begin, cook the pasta according to package instructions, or until al dente. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a few tablespoons of butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté the mushrooms for 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and tender.
Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the pesto to the pan and stir to combine. You can also add some of the cooking liquid from the pasta to thin out the sauce. Let the pesto simmer for a few minutes to let the flavors meld together.
Once the pesto is done, add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to combine. The pesto will coat the noodles and the mushrooms will give the dish a great texture.
To finish the dish, add a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. The nutty, salty cheese will give the dish a great depth of flavor.
Pesto pasta with mushrooms is a delicious and easy dish that can be served as a main course or as a side. The combination of the earthy mushrooms and the bright pesto make this a flavorful and satisfying meal. Try it the next time you need a quick and delicious dinner
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chop
- 4 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1 cup store-bought pesto
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for decoration
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for another minute.
3. Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
4. Add the pesto and Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir to combine.
5. Add the cooked fettuccine and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the pasta in bowls, garnished with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy!