Salmon Skewers with Zucchini are an easy and delicious way to get a healthy, balanced meal on the table. This simple dish is packed with flavor and nutrition – and best of all, it’s ready in no time!
The star of the dish is fresh wild-caught salmon, which is a great source of protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. It’s also an inexpensive and sustainable choice for your meals. The salmon is marinated in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and parsley. This mixture adds a bright and flavorful punch to the fish.
The salmon is then threaded onto skewers with zucchini, which adds a delicious crunch to the dish. Zucchini is a great source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, folate, and potassium. It also adds a good dose of dietary fiber, which helps keep you feeling full longer.
To finish off the dish, the skewers are grilled to perfection. The smoky flavor of the grill and the savory marinade combine to create a delicious meal. After grilling, the skewers can be served with a side of rice, potatoes, or a fresh green salad.
Salmon Skewers with Zucchini is a great way to get a healthy and flavorful meal on the table in no time. The marinade and grilling process give the dish a rich and savory flavor, while the zucchini adds a delicious crunch. Plus, it’s packed with protein and essential vitamins and minerals. Enjoy!
- 2 salmon fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the salmon cubes, zucchini cubes, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Skewer the salmon cubes and zucchini cubes, alternating between the two.
4. Place the skewers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and the zucchini is tender.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Place the cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Add the scallions, raisins, rice vinegar, orange juice and zest, olive oil, cumin, cucumber and parsley and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, then serve.